Why I Chose to Speak: My Experience With AIG Henry Uche Ifeanyi and Austen Cosmos Nwaokorie

Today I am closing a chapter by putting my experience into words and refusing to carry it silently any longer.


This is my personal account. Where I refer to AIG Henry Uche Ifeanyi and Austen Cosmos Nwaokorie, I am describing what I say I experienced and how those events affected me. I am not asking anyone to treat an allegation as a court finding. I am asking that questions of power, evidence and accountability be taken seriously.


A passport is not an ordinary possession. It is proof of identity, a means of travel and, for many people, the key to work, safety and family life. When access to it is restricted, the consequences spread quickly: missed opportunities, cancelled plans, legal costs, financial loss, fear and the exhausting feeling that your life is being controlled by somebody else.


My position has always been simple. I say that no lawful basis for keeping my passport from me was properly shown to me. I wanted the issues tested openly and fairly. I was prepared to go to court and for the available evidence to be examined. I believe that evidence should include the circumstances in which I entered the office, what was said and done, and any relevant video recordings. Those materials can speak more clearly than rumours or attempts to rewrite what happened.


What disturbed me most was not only the passport itself. It was the imbalance of power. When a person believes an official can affect their movement or future without giving a clear explanation, fear becomes part of everyday decision-making. Many people never reach the point where they can challenge that fear. They stay quiet because they worry about retaliation, expense, reputation or whether anyone will listen.


I eventually decided that silence was costing me too much. I would rather preserve my memories of Nigeria honestly than allow anyone to make me doubt my own experience. Speaking does not erase the damage, but it prevents somebody else from having complete control over the story.


The purpose of “Criminal AIG” is artistic expression and public awareness. The title reflects my anger and my perspective; it is not a substitute for a judicial finding. The wider question is bigger than one song or one person: what protection does an ordinary citizen have when authority is used without transparency, and what happens when the institutions meant to help do not respond with urgency?


Today I am releasing this story from my hands. I have documented what I can, I have made my position clear, and I am choosing to move forward. I hope it encourages other people to keep records, seek proper legal advice, insist on written reasons and remember that fear should not be the price of asking for accountability.


This post states my personal recollection and opinion. It should not be read as a declaration of criminal liability or as a summary of any final court finding.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Failed by Met Police: When the System Makes You Prove You Deserve Help

Final Love Letter to Austen